A hand-painted portrait of someone dear to you, how special is that? It can symbolize the love or pride you feel for a particular person (or persons). It can also symbolize a memory of a certain moment in your life or of someone who has passed away. Either way, the many layers of paint make the portrait lively and give it a unique character.
With a portrait you can think of the following:
- Of yourself
- Together with your partner
- Together with your brother(s) and/or sister(s)
- Together with your best friend
- Of your parent(s)
- Of your (grand)children
- Of a (deceased) dear person
- Of bride and groom (using wedding photos as a reference)
- A portrait that tells a certain story of your life (pregnancy/graduation/holiday/etc.)
- Animal portrait (pet/horse/etc.)
I paint the portraits with acrylic paint in a realistic style, usually in combination with an abstract background. Once you know who will be painted, choices can be made with regard to the size of the canvas, the stance of the person(s) and the colors. I will of course think along with you, so that all aspects are taken into account and everything comes together perfectly.
Way of working
- All wishes are discussed in a non-committal conversation.
- We check whether there are already suitable photos for reference.
- Do we get to a specific concept? I make a free quote.
- Quote approved and deposit paid? I will start with love!
- If required, a small photo session will take place in my studio.
- Painting finished? I will contact you.
Included in the price
- All the required material, such as the canvas and acrylic paint.
- Varnishing for optimal protection.
- Hanging system at the back of the painting.
- If required, a small photo session in my studio.
Portrait one person starting from 495 euro (minimum size 40 x 50 cm).
Portrait one animal starting from 395 euro (minimum size 30 x 30 cm).
The price for a portrait painting depends on a number of factors: the size, the number of people (or animals) on the canvas, how many of the person(s) portrayed must be visible (head and shoulders or full length), the details in the clothing and any special wishes for the background.
Depending on your wishes I will make an appropriate offer.
I spend around two months on an average portrait painting. Keep in mind that usually there is a waiting list.
In case you still have any questions, please feel free to contact me. Do you already have a specific idea for a portrait? Then you can directly make an appointment. I can’t wait to hear your story!